Our privacy practices in summary
Our practices and this policy document are guided by four overarching principles:
- We do not collect more information than necessary.
- We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified.
- We do not keep your data if it is no longer needed.
- We do not share your data to third parties.
How we collect your Personal Information?
CellaVision may collect or ask you to provide Personal Information in a number of contexts, such as when you are:
- Using our products.
- Using our websites, for example when:
- Registering for membership to one of our forums.
- Signing-up for webinars or other activities.
- Downloading material and resources.
- Participating in surveys, competitions or promotional activities.
- Subscribing to newsletters and notifications.
- Applying for a job, or sending us a speculative application.
- Contacting us with an enquiry.
What Personal Information we collect?
CellaVision may collect Personal Information about you when you use our products, visit our websites or join one of our forums. Information collected includes the webpages you view, the links you click on, the search terms you enter, and other actions you make while using CellaVision products, websites and forums.
Furthermore, CellaVision may collect and process any Personal Information that you volunteer to us while using our products, websites or forums, such as your email address, name, home address and telephone number. We may also collect relevant non-personal demographic data, such as your business or company information, age, gender, interests, and preferences.
If you apply for a job with CellaVision, we may collect, process and store the information you have sent us for recruitment-related purposes, such as your educational background, employment experience, job interest, etc. Additionally, CellaVision may keep such data for a period of time for the purpose of considering you for a different opportunity.
All forms designed to capture your Personal Information will:
- Clearly explain for what purpose we are capturing the information.
- Clearly indicate whether the information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
How we use your Personal Information?
CellaVision use your Personal Information for:
- Running and administering our business processes, products, websites and forums.
- Enabling your use of CellaVision products, websites and forums.
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, websites, forums as well as our communications and relationship with you.
- Sending messages to you, such as product safety information, information about particular CellaVision forums in which you have chosen to participate, information about products, services, and offers available from CellaVision.
- Conducting market research about our users and their interests.
- Dealing with support inquiries raised by you relating to our products, websites and forums.
- Protecting the security or integrity of our business processes, products, websites and forums.
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of information collection.
You have choices, and we will respect the choices you make
When using our products, visiting our websites and joining our forums, we want you to feel in control of how the Personal Information you volunteer is used by CellaVision. As such, for example when you register to join a forum like the CellaVision User Club, you decide if you want to receive marketing-related messages from CellaVision or only receive communications that are directly linked to your membership. These types of choices are clearly presented in the forms we use to collect your Personal Information. Once you have given such a permission, it can be revoked by taking advantage of the easy-to-use opt-out mechanism presented in all of our direct marketing tools and tactics.
How we share your Personal Information
We will not sell, rent or share your personal information to third parties without your consent. We will only share your information to third parties without your consent in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if CellaVision is sold or merges with another company; or if CellaVision believes it is necessary in order to protect CellaVision and/or our customers.
How you can access, extract, correct or delete your Personal Information
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request an extraction of your Personal Information, please contact us via email@example.com.
If you learn that the information we have about you is incorrect, and you would like to make a correction of that information, you have two options:
- Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Or, if you’re are member of a CellaVision web-based forum, you can access, view and edit your information yourself by visiting the “My Account” or “My Profile” page.
If at any point you wish for CellaVision to delete your Personal Information from our archives, you can simply contact us via email@example.com.
How we store and safeguard your Personal Information?
CellaVision strives to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, as no security controls are 100% effective, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you therefore do so at your own risk.
If you’re a member of one of our forums, where you have been provided with (or where you have chosen) a user name and password which enables you to access certain gated sections of our websites, you are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences, but note that such an action may result in a loss of functionality when using our websites.
How long we will retain your Personal Information
CellaVision will not retain your Personal Information for any longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Revision to this Policy
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please don’t hesitate to send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org.